16 or 17? What's next?
16 or 17? What's next?
At Youthline we want to make it easy for you to get the help you need. Deciding and navigating your way to further training, education or employment after school can be tricky! Youthline’s Youth Service team understand this and are here to support 16 and 17 year olds through this time. Our super friendly team can work with you on career choices, finding the right education or training for you, CV writing and assistance with job seeking, as well as being there to inspire and motivate you to be all that you can be!
There are several Youth Service Providers across New Zealand and Youthline Youth Service. If you live in Central Auckland, North Shore or Rodney areas we can help!
To find out more about Youth Service nationally visit: http://www.youthservice.govt.nz/
As a provider, Youthline’s Youth Workers will be offering guidance and practical support to young people, stepping in to help build potential through education, training or work-based learning.
The criteria for Youth Service young people are:
- 16 or 17 years old (and some 15 year olds) identified as, or at risk of, not being in education, work or training
- 16 or 17 years old receiving Youth Payment with Work and Income or eligible for a Youth Payment
- 16-18 years old and receiving Young Parent Payment or eligible for a Young Parent Payment
- 16 or 17 years old, have no dependent children and are the partner of a specified beneficiary
- 16-18 years old, have dependent children and are the partner of a specified beneficiary
Some of the things our Youth Workers are doing include:
- helping the young people figure out what they need to succeed at school or in work based training
- Looking at all the options available for young people
- linking them with other education and training providers
- putting together customised action plans that will help the young person reach their goals
- helping them to budget
- supporting them in parenting
- Support in any way to get around barriers to getting ahead
If any of this sounds like something you are interested in, click here to sign up.
If you would like to apply for the Youth Payment or Young Parent Payment, you need to register with Work and Income, who will then send approved referrals onto us or visitwww.workandincome.govt.nz to apply online.
To find out more or to sign up, contact us:
FREE phone: 0800 2 YOUTH
FREE text: ‘kitt’ to 234